Sunday, August 21, 2011

My "Official" Letter

 I wanted to write you to let you know what God has been doing in my life over the past few weeks. As most of you know, my wife Amber and I were blessed to welcome our first child, baby Sara Kate Blalock, into the world this past May. It has been an exciting journey, and I am grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to be a parent!

            However, more has been happening that you may not be aware of. In 2005, I spent a summer in Peru with Teen Mania’s Global Expeditions. We spent our time ministering in the streets, and saw hundreds, if not thousands, give their lives to Christ. While I was there, I became friends with a local resident name David. After my incredible journey, David and I kept in touch via phone calls, emails, and Facebook. Last year, David wrote me to share that God had laid it on his heart to open a church, and was looking for support, both prayerfully and financially. Amber and I prayed about it, and have been supporting his church over the past several months. 


            In November, David will be celebrating their church’s 1 year anniversary, and has asked that I come out to visit to help him in his ministry. For years now, I have felt a calling from God to missions work in Peru. This will be an opportunity to begin fulfilling this calling for my life. I plan on going to Lima, Peru from November 11-18th, 2011. While there, I will be working with my friend David to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ and expand His Kingdom. David has created an itinerary of our plans, which I have translated and posted on my website, which can be found at


            I also plan on updating the site while I am there, and possibly uploading videos of the events that will occur each day. I also would like to purchase tracts (small booklets with the Gospel message) in Spanish to hand out to people on the streets.

            I believe that God has called me and my family to work in the mission field, and this will be the first step to achieve that calling. This trip will be the first of (God willing) many trips for me, and, in the future, my family. I plan on working with David to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ. In the future, David will be able to receive other missionaries from the United States, opening up many opportunities for others to get into the mission field! This is an exciting first step to starting an international ministry!

            Time is short, and I know that it is the Lord’s will for me to go. I cannot afford this trip on my own, so I am inviting you to prayerfully consider supporting this opportunity. I am trying to raise approximately $1,200 to cover my flight to Lima and food while I am there. Any donation amount will be placed in a special savings account for this trip, and all funds will be used solely for reaching others in Jesus’ name.

            Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and feel free to contact me at any time. May the Lord Bless you this week!

Ricky Blalock
4545A Ben Hur Rd
Mariposa, CA 95338
(209) 349-4939 Home
(559) 676-8229 Cell

Matthew 9:37-38  “…The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

No comments:

Post a Comment