Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lima Mission Itinerary!

I just received my trip itinerary from David in Lima. We will have a very busy schedule while I am there, taking advantage of every opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus!

I will fly into Lima on Friday, November 11th and return to California on Friday, November 18th.
Here's the plan:

  • Friday the 11th: Arrive in the evening, get settled, rest after long flight/layovers!
  • Saturday the 12th: David and I will hit the city for some street ministry during the day, hanging out tracts and talking with the friendly people of Lima. That evening, we will get together with the youth group at Holy Mountain Church, preaching the gospel and spending time with the teenagers.

  • Sunday the 13th: I will be giving my testimony at David's Church "Verdad y Vida" (Truth and Life) in the morning. We will also be preaching that evening at "Iglesia Poder de Dios" (Power of God Church) that evening. In between, we will hit the city again for more street ministry. I will also be spending time with the members of the church to help them with anything they may need.

  • Monday the 14th: David has set aside this day for various evangelism and ministry opportunities throughout the city.

  • Tuesday the 15th: David and I will visit various brothers and sisters from his church and other churches, ministering to them and praying with/for them.

  • Wednesday the 16th: I hope to hit the streets with David to do some more outreach during the day. David's church also has a Wednesday night service where we will be preaching together.

  • Thursday the 17th: David and I will go to the famous Lurigancho Prison in San Juan to spend the day ministering to inmates. Very exciting!
  • Friday the 18th: I depart early to head back to California. 

So there you have it, a busy week in Peru, reaching out to those in need! I am stoked to be working with my old friend, David. For those of you who went with me to Peru back in 2005, this is the same David from the college we stayed at.

More info to come - keep your eye on this blog or my Facebook! If you're interested in sponsoring or supporting this effort, send me a message or give me a call! I'm also offering my computer skills to anyone in exchange for a donation of any amount, so let me know if you are interested!




No comments:

Post a Comment